Join Our Team!
Professional | Innovative | Passionate
Toronto Mandarin School has achieved a fantastic reputation, thanks to our amazing teachers and staff. We are always looking for energetic, creative personalities, who strive for excellence and think big. If you have these qualities and want to be a part of our dynamic and dedicated team, consider the following：
- Teaching degree or certification from Canada or foreign country preferred
- 3+ years of Mandarin teaching experience
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
- Sound knowledge of Chinese language and literacy
- Be able to design course outlines and work independently, as well as in a supportive team environment
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in teaching and love working with students from different backgrounds
- Strong computer skills with multimedia teaching experience
- Organized, team spirit, responsible and hard working
- College/university/high school students are welcome to apply.
- We will connect qualified candidates with families that request a Mandarin-speaking tutor. Tutors would be required to assist with homework, test preparation and practice daily conversation. This is a paid job and requires one or two visits each week.
- RECE Membership in good standing
- Hold a valid Standard First Aid/CPR certificate, clear Health and Police Reference Check
- Exceptional communicator, both written and oral in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Working knowledge of the City of Toronto Operating Criteria and Day Nurseries Act
- Have a proven ability to work successfully and positively in a team-teaching environment
- Willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment
- Willingness to take extra responsibilities and learn new things
- Possess excellent behavior guidance skills that include positive reinforcement and redirection strategies
- Skills and interests in creative art, drama, music, science, literacy and numeracy programs
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Word, Email and etc.
Business Development (Full Time)
- Fluent in English and Mandarin; speaking Cantonese will be a bonus
- Post secondary education in education/marketing/business/communications
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including speaking and writing skill, motivated to connect and meet with people of various professions
- Familiar with social media postings and editing, such as WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Be able to drive in the GTA to attend meetings and events
- Well organized and detail oriented, responsible and hard working
- Team player with minimal supervision required
- Offer positions for classroom helpers, special event organizers, Assistant Camp Counselors
- High school students (Gr. 9 & up) are welcome to apply. (Volunteer work hours earned at Toronto Mandarin School can be used towards fulfilling the “community work hours” requirement for graduation)
We offer competitive salary (base wage is dependent on qualifications and experience).
If you are qualified, please send us your resume and a cover letter (in both English and Mandarin) by email (email@example.com).
We will respond to you shortly. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.