Besides customized Mandarin lessons, you could indulge yourself in the learning of traditional Chinese culture such as Tai Chi, calligraphy, paper cutting, Chinese painting, facial make-up in operas, make dumplings and more.
2019 Immersion Camp in Shanghai
2019 Immersion Camp in Shanghai
Highlights of the Program:
Authentic Chinese Culture
Ultimate Local Interaction
Learn Mandarin in 100% immersion. Interact with local people daily. Visit Shanghai Temple of the Town God, The Bund, Nanjing Road, Tianzi Fang, history museum, tour ancient towns, Suzhou city and do various sports/games with fellow campers.
Comfortable Living Environment
Study and accommodation all in university. Homelike twin room accommodation with campus card equipped for each student. Authentic Chinese food is served daily in school canteen and food safety is guaranteed.
- Children of age 6 and up (required to be accompanied by an adult), teens(age over 12) and adults
- Speaking Mandarin is NOT mandatory.
- Interested in learning Mandarin and experiencing the Chinese culture
- In good health and physical capability
Camp Information & Schedule:
- Camp Time:July 1 – July 14, 2019
- Departure: June 28, 2019 Toronto (June 30 in Campus)
- Return: July 14, 2019 Toronto
- Camp Location: Sanda university, Shanghai, China
- Host: Mandarin morning Shanghai
Itinerary/ Daily Schedule:
|Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Day trip to Suzhou City
|11:30-1:30||Lunch/Nap time||Lunch/Nap time||Lunch/Nap time||Lunch/Nap time||Lunch/Nap time|
|1:30-3:00||Visit Shanghai Temple of the Town God||Chinese Painting||Tour Nanjing Road||Facial Makeup in Operas||Visit History Museum|
|3:30-5:30||Making Dumplings||Visit the Bund||Word Solitaire|
|6:30-8:00||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals|
|10:00-11:30||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Tour Tianzi Fang
|Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Visit Qibao Ancient Town
|Airport/Train Station Drop-off|
|11:30-1:30||Lunch/Nap time||Lunch/Nap time||Lunch/Nap time||Lunch/Nap time|
|1:30-3:00||Calligraphy||Visit Jingan Primary School||Tai Chi||Graduation Ceremony|
|3:30-5:30||Jigsaw Puzzle||Tug-of-War||Paper Cutting|
|6:30-8:00||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals||Meet the locals|
**Activities subject to change depending on number of students signed in.
**Due to circumstances beyond our control, the summer program activities may be subject to change.
(Min group size: 10)
|Fees Include||Fees NOT include|
Registration and Important Timeline:
- Registration:Registration form can be submitted at the registration table on Saturdays (211 Steeles Ave. E., Brebeuf College) or school head office (200 Consumers Rd, Suite 410). Deadline: April 1, 2019 3:00pm.
- Deposit: $500 per person(Non-refundable)
- Full Payment Due: May 1, 2019
- Payment Method: Cheque (payable to T.C.L.S.) or E-Transfer to email@example.com
- Visa Application: May 1- June 1, 2019
- Flight Booking: Book flight ASAP. We recommend you book Air Canada Non-Stop flight.
- Pre-trip orientation: June 7, 2019, 6:45-7:45 pm @ Toronto Mandarin School head office ( 200 Consumers Rd, Suite 410)
More questions? Fill out the inquiry below