The skills a child has developed through learning and understanding different cultures and languages are essential for the leaders of the future.
The Power of Two Languages
The academic and personal development benefits of a dual-language education are extensive.
Studies have proven that children learning an additional language tend to score better on standardized tests because learning languages develops listening, observation, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Students will have a broader world view from an early age. By understanding different cultures, values and beliefs, they embrace differences, and grow into tolerant, open-minded adults who are flourishing in an increasingly multicultural world.
The learning experience at JINGBAO Bilingual Montessori School is unique. Children will experience the benefit from an English/Mandarin education alongside the theories and application of Montessori philosophy. Our enriched academic program develops successful, thriving children with the skills and confidence they need to take on future challenges.
In addition to Mandarin/English bilingual learning in the five areas of Montessori curriculum, students also receive 30-45minutes French language instruction (starting from preschool) on a daily basis with a French specialist.
Toddler Program (18 months to 2.5 years)
Toddlers are very capable when given the opportunity. This is the age for children to explore and discover through active play. In a nurturing environment our teachers give children responsive, individualized attention to help them build skills in the following areas:
- Feel comfortable at the school environment
- Build social skills to interact with others
- Know how to care for themselves, such as dress and undress, eat independently, clean up and toilet training
- Have well-developed gross motor skills
- Develop age appropriate communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Make individual and appropriate choices about activities that draw their interest
- Embrace a love of learnin
Instructional Language: 80% Mandarin + 20 % English
Pre-Casa/Preschool Program (2.5-3.8 years)
Preschoolers have innate desire to learn and extraordinary capacity to absorb information from the environment. Children are eager learners at this age, especially for language acquisition. Our students practice skills everyday in the following learning areas:
- Practical Life Activities: learn to care of self, care of others and care of the environment
- Sensorial Area: refine their senses with exercises for the discernment of size, shape, texture, color, weight, sound, taste, and etc.
- Language Arts: practice phonetic sounds, letter writing and vocabulary
- Mathematics: learn numbers, quantities and how to print and count
- Cultural Studies: know the world around us
Instructional language: 80% Mandarin+ 20% English + 30 minutes French class
CASA/Kindergarten Program(4-5 years)
Kindergarten is an important time for a child to build a strong foundation in literacy and math skills. Our rigorous curriculum promotes interaction between children that builds cooperation, collaboration and leadership skills in both English and Mandarin. Kindergarten children will focus in five areas of learning:
- Practical life: learn to care of self and the environment, be respectful, grace and courtesy
- Sensorial: learn to identify and internalize concepts
- Language: focus on oral language skills and vocabulary development
- Math: learn to count quantities, identify numerals, sequence numbers, and experience addition, multiplication, subtraction and division at a concrete level.
- Cultural activities: discover ideas and concepts in geography, history, botany, zoology and the sciences.
Instructional Language: 50% Mandarin +50% English + 30 minutes French class
Elementary Program(Grade 1 to 3)
Elementary children are taught to express themselves and to self-teach by researching. The core program follows the outline of the Ontario curriculum enriched with the Montessori theories and materials to give the student both the concrete and abstract lesson. In addition, students are committed to further developing social, emotional and ethical skills for the purpose of making a positive difference in the world.
Our students follow a structured timetable that incorporates a half day in English speaking environment and the other half in a fully immersed Mandarin setting. Elementary students will be learning on the following learning areas:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Foreign Language
- Science (Botany, Anatomy, Chemistry, etc.)
Instructional Language: 50% Mandarin +50% English + 45 minutes French class