2018 Immersion Camp in Yangshuo
Highlights of the Program:
Authentic Chinese Culture
Indulge yourself in the learning of traditional Chinese culture such as Tai Chi, calligraphy, paper cutting, fan/stone painting, pottery, Chinese musical instruments and more.
Learn Mandarin in 100% immersion. Interact with local people daily. Visit tea plantation, tour ancient towns, shop at local markets, play Ping Pong and other sports/games with fellow campers.
Comfortable Living Environment
Homelike accommodation with choice of sharing room with Chinese campers or foreign campers/family members. Authentic Chinese food is served daily in the naturally set-up dining room.
- Children of age 6 and up (required to be accompanied by an adult), teens(age over 12) and adults
- Speaking Mandarin is NOT mandatory.
- Interested in learning Mandarin and experiencing the Chinese culture
- In good health and physical capability
Camp Information & Schedule:
- Camp Time:July 15 – July 29, 2018
- Departure: July 14, 2018 Toronto
- Return: July 29, 2018 Toronto
- Camp Location: Yangshuo, Guangxi Province, China
- Host: Omeida Chinese Academy
Itinerary/ Daily Schedule:
|09:25-12:00||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Day trip to scenic places, e.g. Xingping ancient town||Free time|
|12:30-13:45||Rest time||Rest time||Rest time||Rest time||Rest time||Rest time|
|14:00-16:35||Chinese calligraphy, stone painting||Chinese festivals, making dumplings||Paper cutting, embroidered balls making||Pottery||Ink blowing painting and opera mask making||Free time|
|17:00-18:00*||Sports||Sports||Sports||Sports||Sports||Free time||Free time|
|19:00-21:00*||Chinese Corner||Social night in school||Movie night||BBQ with fellow campers||Free time||Free time|
|08:00-08:45||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Airport drop-off, leave Yangshuo|
|09:25-12:00||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Chinese lessons||Day trip to suburbs and countryside|
|12:30-13:45||Rest time||Rest time||Rest time||Rest time||Rest time|
|14:00-16:35||Tour town of Fuli, learn fan-painting||Visit tea plantation, pick tea leaves||Learn Beijing opera and Chinese musical instrument||Practice
|Learn Chinese cooking|
|19:00-21:00*||Board games||Ping-Pong games||Social night in school||Movie night||Farewell party, BBQ with fellow campers||Free time|
Note: *Evening activities are designed for kids, but parents are welcome to join.
**Activities subject to change depending on number of students signed in.
**Due to circumstances beyond our control, the summer program activities may be subject to change.
* Accommodation in Yangshuo
(Min group size: 10)
|Fees Include||Fees NOT include|
Registration and Important Timeline:
- Registration:Registration form can be submitted at the registration table on Saturdays (211 Steeles Ave. E., Brebeuf College) or school head office (200 Consumers Rd, Suite 410). Deadline: April 21, 2018 3:00pm.
- Deposit: $500 per person(Non-refundable)
- Full Payment Due: May 5, 2018
- Payment Method: Cheque (payable to T.C.L.S.) or E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visa Application: May 15 – June 15, 2018
- Flight Booking: Book flight ASAP. We recommend you book Air Canada Non-Stop flight.
- Pre-trip orientation: Jun 22, 2017, 6:45-7:45pm@ Toronto Mandarin School head office ( 200 Consumers Rd, Suite 410)
More questions? Fill out the inquiry below